If an inspector doesn’t take the time to do a thorough job or doesn’t provide you with an informative, accurate report, you’re not going to come out ahead. At Evergreen Home Inspection, I do things right.
Let a Professional Check Every Nook and Cranny
- I’m Ernie Simpson, and I am an old house renovator and formerly a licensed construction supervisor who has been in the home inspection business since 1982.
- I have 36 years of experience as a home inspector.
- I have been a member of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) since 1986. (ASHI is the top professional organization in the field.)
- I work for you and only for you. Period.
- I take the time to do things right. Some homes require 2.5 hours and some require 4.0 hours to inspect properly. What I try never to do is rush the inspection as this is where you get shortchanged. (If nothing else, you won’t learn much from a quick ‘in and out’ inspection.)
- You get a detailed report – which takes time to do. (Some inspectors might take two or two and a half hours on-site – but an hour of that time is going to be spent doing the write-up.) You’ll receive a detailed written report illustrated with photos – not some checklist, handwritten comments, or a mushy boilerplate document.
- My prices are mid-range as I try to keep things affordable for first time buyers while not compromising the inspection by cutting the time spent. Taking more time means you get to education on the home – and not just a checklist of defects.
- As much as possible, I offer flexible scheduling. Weekends and late afternoon appointments are often the times you need to do this.
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed! If you’re not happy with my work at the end of the inspection (while you are attending), don’t pay me!
Older Home? I’ve Got You Covered
As a renovator of older homes, I have a deep understanding of the structures, components, and complexities of older homes in our area, which can only come from years of hands on experience. I understand the unique properties of these buildings inside and out. If you’re looking to have an older home inspected, let me put that knowledge and experience to work for you.
Don’t Neglect a New Home Inspection
You may be buying a brand new home, but that doesn’t mean you should skip the inspection process. As one of the largest purchases you’ll probably ever make, a new home comes laden with emotional uncertainty and stress.
Let me give you a little peace of mind by checking on the quality of the construction before you sign off on anything. Building a new home is a complex process, and between contractors and subcontractors, there’s plenty of room for error.
I’ll perform a thorough inspection that includes the big picture, as well as a looking at the little details that matter, such as checking plumbing fixtures for leaks and electrical switches for proper functioning.
A new home inspection finds problems while they can still be easily corrected and before you sign off and start moving in to discover unwelcome surprises.
Evergreen Home Inspection serves northeast Massachusetts, including North and MetroWest Boston, Merrimack Valley, and North Shore, as well as southern New Hampshire.
Ask about our discounts for Pre-Listing/Seller’s Inspections.
Make Your Home Purchase a Wise ChoiceWhether you’re buying an existing home or new construction, a home inspection by Evergreen Home Inspection makes the process safer and more relaxing.
I offer prompt service, competitive prices, and FREE unlimited post-inspection telephone consultations to ensure your complete satisfaction. Give me a call today at 978-373-1390 or request an inspection now.